- Mediation allows for communication practises being defined between the parties.
- It addresses the needs of both parties and the children.
- A mediated parenting plan can help reduce conflict between parents by setting out clear guidelines and expectations of both parents.
- Mediation reduces the negative emotional effects of divorce or separation on the parties and the children.
- As mediator, I assist parents in negotiating through parenting practices to assist the child’s transition while dealing with divorce.
- Mediation is notably less expensive than legal disputes and takes significantly less time to finalise. Whereas Court proceedings take on average 18 months, mediation may be resolved within an average of three to four sessions, depending on the willingness of both parties to negotiate and actively participate in the process.